Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Shell


Hey Guys, This is so amazing, I've been learning so much since I removed the x window system, from commands, to SELinux Security Context editing, to firewalls, interfaces, secure shells, editing configuration files, finding logs, and solving my own problems, and advancing to the level where I can now help others.

God's really blessed me with this thing. I moved here to keep a safety net around myself so I dont fall into that same temptation that has held me captive for many years. When he told me to do this, I knew what lay ahead. Only a bit more to go.

Right now I'm trying to install this web based music server called Jinzora Which, not only works on linux, but windows as well. It can interface with a variety of different music programs, in my case, the music player daemon (MPD).

I'm also looking at a few other distributions as well, for example, or as far as I know, Mandriva One Is including the new visual effect, and desktop rendering platform metissee. Which when I last saw it was in it's development stages.

I was also looking in on something earlier for the new FEDORA Core 7 Test Release, they have included their own control panel of sorts, the first attempt at some centralized form of controls, and it looked extremely sweet.

Distribution called CentOS is pretty much RHEL except it's free. they built it from the source rpms from what I understand. I could be wrong, but when I'm out in the business world thats some really useful and practical information to know. sweet.. To me thats just awesome.

In a similar scenario, there is the famous, cpanel for webhosting, this thing looks amazing, see the picture to the right, and the zpanel project made a virtually free implementation of that, so I might put that on my fedora box when I install X again. Which I'm really wanting to move to FC7 even if it is still in testing... a Yum upgrade might look good too.

Well thats all that I have time for. So i'll update later.

No comments: