Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Figuring it out

Wow, Programming has been a blast, I spent all night last night just working with glade, and trying to understand how it worked. It's a truely awesome program, I love the guys at gnome, they made everything so easy, I remember programming for the win32 api, which... I'm sure .net has made it a bit easier.

Anyways, I feel like I have so much to cover.

Oh, yeah, I've been trying to get gtkpod to compile, but it cant without libgpod, it wont seem to detect it. So, I removed all entries in the config file that required libgpod, since i knew it wasn't on my system, that worked okay. But then it wouldn't compile, I guess because it needed the libraries. But I had them, or so I thought. Anyways, I think it just needed libgpod-devel to work, so I'm yummin that right now as we speak. Now i'm going to give that a shot with the original config file, to see if everything will really work.

./configure --prefix="/home/darkscript/virtual" I am using a sort of virtual directory, so it wont mess around with my system. its really really tight. But anyways lots to do lots to do. Probably need to read more of John Bevere, but i'm so wrapped up in this.

No comments: